Oatmeal Anything Cookies
3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond)
1/4 cup apple sauce (or substitute canola or olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups certified GF oats (I used Bob's Redmill)
1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 - 1 cup additional treats (I used 1/4 cup currants, 1/4 cup golden raisins, 1/4 cup pecans and 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks but only in 1/2 the batch cause Ken doesn't like chocolate in cookies... weirdo!)
An electric mixer is not necessary with this recipe (less to clean – woohoo!)… all you’ll need is a good old fashioned wooden spoon and some elbow grease!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mash 3 large ripe bananas using a fork.
3. Add nut butter, apple sauce and vanilla to the mashed bananas and stir together until well combined.
4. In another bowl, add oats, coconut (optional), baking powder, salt, cinnamon and stir.
5. Gradually add dry ingredents to wet ingredents and stir until well combined.
6. Stir in whatever special treats you’d like (i.e. dried fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips or candy).
7. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or Silpat lined or greased) and bake for 12-14 minutes, until set and slightly browned.