3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup GF oats
1/4 cup flax seed
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup over-ripe bananas (approximately 2 large bananas)
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup fruit (e.g., fresh or dried berries)
1/4 cup nuts (e.g., diced pecans)
2 tbsp sugar in the raw (optional for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 375° and prepare muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine the almond flour, soy flour, oats, flax seed, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mash the banana in a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla and honey and combine using an electric or stand mixer.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until combined.
5. Using a spoon, gently stir in the nuts and fruit (get creative using whatever fruit is in season or try adding dried fruit, seeds or chocolate chips)
6. Spoon into a lined muffin pan or non-stick pan sprayed with cooking oil. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of sugar in the raw (optional).
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes. If using paper liners, let the muffins cool completely before serving or else they will stick to the paper.